Chevrolet’s next-generation 2025 Equinox offers modern connectivity and new safety tech, wrapped in a brand new design to meet the needs of fleet managers searching for a compact SUV.
Now, every Chevy crossover and SUV, including the Trax, Trailblazer, Blazer, and the 2024 Traverse, is new or has been refreshed in the last two years, according to a news release from the automaker.
Compared to the current vehicle, the new Equinox will offer more contemporary and differentiated choices — including larger screens, new safety features and Equinox’s first-ever outdoor-inspired trim, ACTIV.
The 2025 Chevrolet Equinox will be available in 2024.
A Look at the All-New Equinox ACTIV
Equinox ACTIV features a unique front fascia and styling cues that create and accentuate the off-road look, all-terrain tires, and an available white roof for a two-tone finish.
Additional ACTIV content includes:
- Rugged front fascia with vertical grille inserts and gray metallic-finished accents.
- Blacked-out badging.
- 17-in. machined-face aluminum wheels.
- Maple Sugar and Black interior theme, with premium Evotex and sueded microfiber seating surfaces.
- ACTIV embroidered on driver and passenger seat head restraints.
- Available heated and ventilated front seats and rear heated outboard seats, and memory driver seat personalization.
An Expressive Exterior
The next-generation Equinox has bodylines inspired by the strong proportions of the Chevy truck lineup and its larger sibling, the 2024 Traverse.
“This generation of Equinox has taken on a broad-shouldered, athletic appearance that conveys confidence and versatility,” Global Chevrolet Executive Design Director Phil Zak said. “We leaned into distinct appearances and material selection for LT, RS, and ACTIV so everyone can see themselves in an Equinox.”
The all-new Equinox is 2.3 in. wider than the outgoing model, enhancing its more planted stance. Additional design details include:
- Three distinct front fascia treatments – LT, RS, and ACTIV.
- LT offers both standard chrome and Midnight Edition High Gloss Black grille finishes.
- Squared wheel openings and fender flares add visual muscle.
- Distinctive C-pillar shark fin that adds the appearance of motion to Equinox even when it is sitting still — and a clear familial resemblance to the all-new Traverse.
- All-LED lighting with striking light elements — separated in the front and both vertically and horizontally expanded in the rear.
- Aluminum wheel choices ranging from the standard 17-in. on LT to available 20-in. wheels on RS, a first for Equinox.
The RS has standard black emblems and mirrors, available black roof, wide grille opening, and high gloss finish on the grille bar and lower fascia, with 19-in. Carbon Flash machined aluminum wheels standard.
A revamped interior conveys a more contemporary, spacious ambiance that, along with other recently introduced Chevy crossovers and SUVs, puts a stronger focus on technology and user experience.
In front of the driver is an 11-in.-diagonal configurable driver information center. Layered against the driver information center and angled slightly toward the driver is the interior focal point — a new 11.3-in.-diagonal infotainment screen that’s more than 30% larger than the largest screen offered in the current model.
The dashboard is pulled away, adding to the spacious interior.
Additional interior highlights include:
- New Electronic Precision Shift on the steering column eliminates a range selector mechanically linked to the transmission, opening more storage space beneath the infotainment screen, ahead of the center console.
- Engaging tactile materials and decorative trim with coordinated textures are used in the seats, instrument panel, doors, storage areas, and more.
- Standard heated steering wheel and heated front seats.
- Available Evotex seating on LT.
- Folding 60/40 split-bench second row seats, enabling up to 63.5 cubic ft. of storage with both seats folded.
- Hidden rear cargo floor storage space.
- Standard six speaker audio system.
- Available wireless charging.
RS has distinctive Torch Red and Santorini Blue stitching on the Evotex seats, debossed “RS” logos on the headrests in the front row, and a heated, flat-bottom steering wheel. Buyers can add available heated and ventilated front seats and rear heated outboard seats.
Designed with Passenger Safety in Mind
When it comes to safety and driver assistance technology, the 2025 Equinox offers standard Chevy Safety Assist — a suite of features that includes:
Additional standard safety and driver assistance features include:
- Side Bicyclist Alert.
- Rear Vision Camera.
- Rear Seat Reminder.
- Adaptive Cruise Control.
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert.
- Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking.
- Rear Cross Traffic Braking.
- Rear Park Assist.
- Enhanced Lane Keep Assist.
Under the Hood
The Equinox debuts with a 1.5L Turbo engine that produces 175 hp and is matched with a continuously variable transmission in front-wheel-drive configurations, or an eight-speed automatic transmission with available all-wheel-drive.
The Equinox is trailering-capable, with a maximum capacity of up to 1,500 lbs. when equipped with available AWD.
For the first time, Equinox offers RS and ACTIV customers driver-selectable modes, accessed via a rotator on the center console. The driver can select from Normal and Snow on FWD-equipped vehicles. AWD adds Off-Road mode. Drive modes adjust the propulsion system performance to best handle the conditions.
Additional details, including pricing, will be available closer to the start of production.